What do you think about my blog?

Monday 19 November 2012

An article that sparked my interest...


Today I found this interesting article on PR Daily about the 7 deadly sins of public relations.

http://www.prdaily.com/Main/Articles/7_deadly_sins_of_PR_12681.aspx

There was one part of the article that caught my attention most and that was number six sin, suffering from an inferiority complex.

 
PR has a tendency to view itself as a second-tier discipline behind advertising and marketing. In today’s media environment, there is a unique opportunity for PR to lead. To do so, we must educate ourselves on the other disciplines and understand the larger landscape.”

 
I see public relations as a lot of “behind the scenes” work however, I think this statement exemplifies how PR can lead if we as PR practitioners educate ourselves in the other disciplines that are so close to us, advertising and marketing.

No comments:

Post a Comment